Friday, November 2, 2012

Lingers....

2007.

It has been 5 years but the feeling sorry for my parents still lingers.
They (My dad actually) engaged his friend who is an agent to sell our last time Parc Oasis Condo.

Now, there are 2 kinds of people.
1.One, the kind to tekan a friend who is clueless about property stuff and reap benefits.
2.Two, the "I've got your back covered" kinda friend.

Unfortunately for my dad, his case was number 1.

Their condo was sold within ONE day.
The agent brought some bigshot fella to view, and deal done. Just like that.  
Macam jual eraser pat school bookshop gituk. Fast game.


"Wah Jasni! See how hot your property is! 1 day sold already! Congratulations brother!!!!"

We didn't know mah, everything happened so fast. So we just rejoiced. (Stoopid abis)

And then as weeks went by, we found out that other units were sold at much higher prices.

Last year during my RES course, my lecturer David Cheong mentioned about agents who under-sell properties. Something like this:

"Ok what happens during a sale? 50% off etc? People rush to grab and buy right! Very fast sold out liao!"

And immediately flashback to the year my parents' condominum "SOLD WITHIN A DAY" incident.

That day, I remember thinking about the post effects of the sale.
Pls k, selling house is an emotional time for a family.

The packing one thing... Very exhausting.
The saying goodbye is another. (THIS PART DAMN SAD OKAY! BOLEH NANGIS BERBALDI AHHH!)

Two people gained out of my parents' condo sale:
The Bigshot fella who had the option of re-investing the property.
My dad's agent 'friend' who earned 2% commission.
Paling poor thing, my parents.

Kesian seh dorang cari rumah macam nak apa.
But God is great.
Allah akan memuliakan hamba-Nya yang telah dianiaya.

My cousin, Abang Amin and his family were posted to overseas.
My parents love his house and he sold his flat to my parents.
Happy ending. :) Yeay!

So because they had such a terrible terrible experience, they insisted that I become a real estate agent.  
Step heal the world make it a better place gituk la. Heheheee!

I wasn't into real estate until I met my former colleague, Jenna.
She ordered a mini toga and we had a little chat when I passed the dress to her.
A brief conversation that changed my life, nevertheless. :)

So far, I am very grateful to my friends for supporting my new occupation as a real estate agent.
Really touched.
And best part is they never pressure me with stressful statements like:

"What's taking so long seh Kin?"
"Nura, make sure you fetch high price for me ok!"

Because they are so nice, it really makes my job, thus far, really enjoyable, making me wanna work really hard for them!

With my parent's unfortunate experience always at the back of my head, I promise to make sure that I put myself in my friends' and future clients' shoes. Always.
















Still at the topic of being blessed with wonderful friends and reminding myself to be like them, I must also thank brother Saat for his plentiful real estate advice. Never mind that we are not from the same team.
And thank his gf too because she must have gotten bored when Saat was running through some 'notes' with me, she took off and went to try try baju and whatsapp me for my opinion! Lol!



















Saat also runs "Amacam Bro Satay" at Air Pasang Coffeeshop at Blk 374 Bt Batok St 31.
(Near to Bukit Gombak there!)
Go and support k! Heard the gravy very yums!














He not Saat by the way. Saat looks like a life sized teddy bear. *Peace ah brudder*

Last but not least, if it weren't for my family's insistance and encouragement, I will not be where I am today.















Ok here's a tip also endorsed by Jali: NEVER kepit arms to the body. Sure look fat.
When arms look fat, automatically body also look fat.
Horrified abis when I saw this pic but yeah, load je la. So now you know!
I have fat moments too!

Oh and I must end with my mom's words of wisdom.
While 'studying' yesterday, she said this:

In shaa Allah, from ejen ber-taktahulah, you will become ejen bertauliah....

Lol! Stoppit eh mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment