Monday, March 19, 2012

WORK-END

I work during the weekend, tending to my Primary 1, 5, 6 and Secondary 1 tutees.

My Secondary 1 tutees come to me with the hope of making the switch from Normal Technical to Normal Academic. If previously during primary school, they had a problem with Maths, now it's English that I am worried about. So this term onwards, we will be focusing on English.

Majority of my upper primary kids' parents are worried about Maths, be it Foundation and Standard, and the section that all of the kids get jittery about would be Problem Sums. (especially the 4 and 5 marks questions one) Some kids won't even attempt the last few questions of the Maths paper. They give up without even reading the problem sums. "Sure get 0 one la Cher." would be their chorused reply. I'd get damn pissed for they could have worked hard to get some working marks.
Last year, I only started The Daily 10 in June, so this year we start earlier.


And the mini tutees.
My Primary 1 babies.
With them, I make them learn through play.
Last Saturday, we learnt shapes. (which they already learnt during kindergarten)
They were made to go on a 'SHAPES HUNT' in my house. Yeah, my master bedroom wasn't spared!


Next weekend, on top of the tuition sessions, Jennifer and I will be conducting another round of workshop very suitable for parents with young children. (Preschoolers and Lower Primary)
In fact I already blogged about it about 2 weeks back. Click here.

Last December, Jenn, myself and the happening participants had so much fun exchanging strategies, 'lesson plans' and knowledge with one another on how we can stimulate our children at home.



This time round, other than Maths, Jenn and I will also include English. :)
So if you have not registered, please email me fast because we are about to close the registration.
Here are the details:

WHAT: English & Maths Workshop
FOR: Parents of young children (up to 8 years old) - You may bring along your spouse and child.
WHEN: Saturday, 24 March 2012
TIME: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m
WHERE: onepeople.sg (Braddell MRT)
HOW MUCH TO INVEST: $80


PS: If the grandparents are the ones looking after your children, do bring them along as well ya so that they can apply what they have learnt during the workshop at home. :)

See you at nuraesman@gmail.com !

No comments:

Post a Comment