Thursday, March 15, 2012

Like a pearl in a shell

I must thank sixteenr.com and 4 men for the birth of these scarves.

When I went to my mom's for dinner, I wore sixteenr.com's "Barcode" scarf.

My elder brother, Bah, casually mentioned,"Trend spillover huh?'
He ahhhh sometimes very cheem for me.
He, on the other hand, thinks I'm too bimbo for him. *Whatever*

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Something like the message T-shirts and bags la doink,' Jambi replied. (This one as usual very rude one.)

Ahhhhhh....
Then, Jambi called me to his room and asked me to check out these images of message T- shirts and bags.


aclutteredmind.org




whatasiteforsoreeyes.blogspot.com


dirjournal.com


poshaccessories.co.uk

Then, it was E's turn to suggest,"Instead of funny messages, maybe you should do quotes pn the hijab, Mi." (Ya sometimes he calls me "Mi" as in Mommy, and I'll call him "D". Thanks to Nyla.)

Okay, EUREKA moment here.
Instantly, I thought if "Like a pearl in a shell" because a woman in hijab is like a pearl in a shell. :)

The fourth guy to mention here is Jali! (Yes, if you must know...Other than being a being a passionate photographer, he is also a designer.)
He is so talented he came up with the design in just ONE day. Hebat sekali.

If you're not a hijabi but wanna wear this message for it does apply to women in general (women must be protected like a pearl in a shell mahhhh :p), you may drape this scarf around your shoulders. Maklomlah, office and lecture/movie theatres can get pretty chilly.

Before I present to you these pearlies, I must express my gratitude to the usual suspects, The Rebel Pixel Team and Trasformazione. (Their contact details over at the sidebar. Just click yo!)

Special mention to Jali, Zahren and Tina! :)


Ok here you go my girls!


Navy Blue


Grey


Red


White


Black


Sharing is caring time! I am totally loving the X-treme's nude beige lipstick! They also have other colours. Usually before I put on lipstick, I'd apply lip balm but with this one, no need at all! Colours are nice plus the lipstick keeps the lips soft and supple.






If you wanna include these lipsticks in your make up box, email Shai at sharul.xtreme@gmail. com or add him as friend on Facebook and spam his inbox with your lipstick enquiries and orders. He sure happy one.

Back to 'Like a pearl in a shell' scarves.
Each piece is $30.
Available in 5 colours: Navy Blue, Grey, Red, White, Black.

Same ol Same ol dears.
If you'd like to own a piece of this, email me at nuraesman@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I SO VERY LOVE the idea! Not sure If i'd wear this myself - i've transited into makcik zone unwittingly, but would be lovely for my daughter!!! :D MashaAllah, what a novelty, and im glad it's from u :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi kak nura! This is gonna be way off from your blog post, but I just want to ask you a quick question. How much does the hair service for abg sam cost (on average)? Look forward to your reply soon! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete