Monday, December 19, 2011

MAIA

Good Monday morning!
Mr E just left for work.
Nyla is sitting opposite me doing a lil bit of writing.
And I am blogging!

Today is gonna be a 'Sharing is caring' entry.
Thanks to my previous entry, many of you ladies seemed to have taken a liking to the long cardigan I wore.



[It's a grey cardigan. :) ]

I love it too by the way! Too too pretty. And Jenn, you are so rocking The Excluzif Ponchoga woman.

2 Sundays ago, (yup THE Sunday I got hijabified), I was checking my email inbox when I stumbled upon a 'read already but have not replied' email by a group of 3 girls who just set up their online fashion boutique named MAIA.

2/3 of the MAIA team. One more shy la. :p

Mr E's niece Farha ever shared with me about MAIA since she modelled for them and also the fact that she is a close friend of one of the 3 MAIA bosses.
"Aunty Nura, MAIA's clothes are very like ZARA you know. Quality is damn good."

So apa lagi, I went to their website and true enough, I found their pieces to be really classy and unique. I thought I should share with you the girls' story behind MAIA.

"In 2010, three girls with a passion for fashion were mulling over a problem. Where they were from, it was hard to find pieces which has great quality, great design and most important of all - unique to their sense of style and personality.

They started off by designing one-of-a-kind wedding dresses catered to modern brides and then, got inspired to create feminine yet stylish ready-to-wear pieces. They believe that fashion, like Blair Waldorf, said “… is movement, design and architecture all in one. It shows the world who we are and who we’d like to be…”.

Since then, they brought some of their designs to life through MAIA to be shared with everyone who wishes to be decked out in inimitable style and knows how to rock it in whatever they put on!

They have put in a tremendous amount of effort to bring to you their designs, inspirations and philosophies… So have a look around, they promise that you will find something(s) that screams out as a must-have for your wardrobe!"







MAIA's pieces are all self designed and manufactured. Very impressed with the effort there girls.
I have also added to my wardrobe MAIA's Potter Denim pants. Absolutely perfect for casual outings.



The girls from MAIA are very sweet too to also include a gorgeous soft tudung in the package which was wrapped beautifully by the way.


Here is the tudung. Very soft and cooling! :)


A short but very meaningful note from MAIA.


As much as I am getting alot of support, I did have my fair share of criticisms when I started wearing the hijab.
"Ah aksyen baik ah tu."
"Step turning over a new leaf konon."

I have realised that no matter what you do, whether good or bad, if people don't like you, they never will and they will attack you ceaselessly and mercilessly with their words.
If previously, I'd flare my nostrils and bombard back, now these attacks mean nothing to me.

I am really in a good place now. In fact I'd like to share something by David Pollay:
"Many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger and full of disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they look for a place to dump it. And if you let it, they'll dump it on you. So when someone wants to dump on you, never take it personally. Just smile, wave, wish them well and move on. Believe me, you'll be happier!"

How true. :)


And another one:
"We cannot judge because we do not know what is in his heart" because only our CREATOR knows what is in the heart.

"A note to self" for the created yous and me.


My MAIA girls, I thank you for the pieces and the words of encouragement.
My ladies, the link you all have been waiting for:

MAIA


Do also click 'like' on their Facebook page.

Also, join their mailing list on their website and you all get 15% OFF!



Have a great week ahead you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment