Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Looking Beautiful on Hari Raya Part3

The final episode of the make up series my lovely ladies....
Thank you all for the encouraging feedback.
Just like you, I am extremely excited (and confident) to apply make up later. :)
Thank you for enjoying the videos as much as Tina and I enjoyed doing them for you.




My house is FINALLY spick and span. As I am typing this entry, Mr E is still painting the balcony. Kept telling him not to since no one will be coming to our place during the 1st week of raya.
"Then what? I paint next week? Where got people do this 2nd week of raya?" he retorted.
Relak ah brudder. Chill ah.

Nyla on the other hand is ultra excited about Hari Raya.
Her purple handbag all standby already.
She will be wearing The Excluzif Aurora Skirt.

As for me, I actually had my Hari Raya outfit all figured out until I came across a picture of the stunning Elle Macpherson in a super flowy kaftan-ish dress 4 days ago.
Too pretty right? Especially love the tight sleeves at the wrists part.



I showed my mom the above picture.
She wasn't keen because she already told me beforehand that she would take one month long leave off tailoring duties because she wanted to focus on ibadah.
I had to beg and beg and beg and beg and beg her to make a piece for me.

Papa J also couldn't tahan because their home phone couldn't stop ringing.
He said "Kiah, buat kan je la. Jadi budak ni diam sikit.'
BEAMS! Papa J to the rescue!

She eventually gave in, did her magic and although it doesn't really look exactly like what Elle was wearing, I'm very pleased with the outcome.
Me: Mom, how? I look like Elle Macpherson?
Her reply is classic.
Mom: Yes. You look like half of her. She is so tall Kin. Kau betul nak pakai ni?
Me: Yah. Why not?! Okay what!

Nyla was observing the whole time and I knew she'd say something.

Nyla: Mommy, the dress looks like a swimming pool.

?????!!!!!?????!!!!!!


Well Nyla, I'm still wearing it. Never mind if it looks like I'm drowning. I have had enough of wearing tight fitting kebayas and whatnots.
Tomorrow, I can eat all I want and not worry about any bulge.

To my splendid Muslim readers, I wish you Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri and Maaf Zahir dan Batin. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment