Wednesday, June 22, 2011

So you think I CAN'T cook?

It is absolutely funny how most people look at me and instantly assume I cannot cook.
Any of you can tell me how a person who can cook look like? You all damn bad leh.

Here are some of the insults I have faced.

"Sure or not this one you cook? Or you tapao from West Coast and pretend you cooked?"

"You can cook meh?"

"WOAAAATTT. You cooked this?!"

"So which instant packet paste you use?" -(Wahlao. I pound here, pound there, you all think I use the instant one!")

"No wonder!"
-when my dishes didn't turn out to be delicious. :S

Yes, I can cook okay!The most domesticated woman in the world I may not be but oi I am able to whip up dishes that are more complicated than instant noodles hor. And and and I can bake as well hokay. *kening naik naik*

To believe me, I guess you need me to show you pictures right! Here they are. Mom and Mr E if you're reading this, now you know why everytime I snap pictures after I cook! Heeee!

My online momma friends specifically Kin, Wana, Yati and Vi, thank you for sharing the recipes with me. I am what I am today as a better cook because of you all! :)

Mommy, if you're reading this, you proud?

Mr E, just pick a dish from the pictures below and I'll whip it for dinner later.

My bro Jambi and you all who think I cannot cook, SUCK IT! Muahahahah!

Enjoy the mouth watering pictures peeps!

Beef soup with rice.

Indonesian Fried Rice

.

.

.

.

Ok la ok la! The 2 dishes above are not my 'creations' la! I just miss Jakarta and I'm kinda hungry now and really feel like eating those 2 dishes..



Let's get serious now! From now onwards, whatever you see is I COOK ONE hor!

Gonna start with Nyla's food. Nyla used to be a really fussy eater when she was young. However, overtime, I'm so glad that she is not difficult anymore! Thank God! And I'm very happy that she eats vegetables.

When she doesn't have the mood to finish her food or eat her greens, I'd always tell her," But they want to join their family in your tummy, Nyla. They do not want to end up in the garbage can."

Works everytime.

Lady's Finger Fishy Rice.

Lady's Finger + Brocolli+ Fishball Rice

Tuna + Brocolli + Carrot Rice

Salmon + Carrot Rice

And let's now move on to Mr E's dishes.

Seafood Aglio Olio

Maggi Mee Goreng

Chicken curry + Butter Rice

Fishball + Beancurd + Brocolli + Carrot Soup (Favourite dish on rainy days!)

Ikan Lemak Cili Padi

Prawn Aglio Olio

Chicken Soup

Sambal Sardines

Sabsuka ( My ultimate favourite!)

Ayam Masak Kicap

That's all folks! And, I am very open to new *easy* recipes so if you have, please do email me k!

Sharing is caring whaaaattttt.

It's lunchtime already! Enjoy your lunch. :)

2 comments:

  1. Salihin SuprayitnoJune 22, 2011 at 12:22 PM

    no offence, but ur ikan lemak cili padi looks like something else.. hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nura, I have a couple of easy peasy recipes for noodles. You game to try? :) ~ Farah Asyura

    ReplyDelete