Thursday, June 23, 2011

FL & THE NEW PAPER NEW FACE 2011

I feel honoured to return to be one of the models (my 7th year!) for, in my personal opinion, the most well known in the retail apparel market for the Malay market in Singapore, ‘First Lady.'

A brand synonymous with excellent quality, current designs at affordable prices.

Mommas Alfarahizah Awangnit and Deanna Manto, you both were terribly missed. :(





Hari Raya mood! Woots Woots!Such vibrant colours this time! Nice right? Each of us girls changed a total of 14 times so there are plenty more to ogle at. Wait for the television commercial ya!

After every modelling assignment, Nyla would wait and make sure she removes my fake eyelashes! She wants to be 'eyelash remover' when she grows up now.



Speaking of modelling stints and whatnots, my cheeky pretty girlies (aged 15-23) better listen up sweetlings!

The New Paper New Face Competition is here, hence continuing its quest to discover fresh faces in the modelling and entertainment industry. I personally feel that among all the beauty contests organised, The New Paper New Face wins hands down in terms of the quality of the babes.

You read about the recent Miss Singapore World hopefuls? Errrrrr. You know I know la ah.

Those of you who tried and didn't make it the previous years, try again! 2011 might just be your year!I tried in 2000.... REJECTED and I promised myself that I would be featured in their exclusive fashion spread in The New Paper so in 2002, I tried again, this time, SUCCESSFUL
I still keep the newspaper articles in a file. :)

















Man, the 2-3 months of being in the 'academy' was a total blast! We girls were fortunate to have attended 'workshops' by the first ever New Face winner, Angelique Nicolette Teo. I remembered her sharing with us hopefuls,"There won't be a question and answer segment during the contest so the personality has to shine through body language." We also learnt runway/ catwalk skills by the absolutely stunning Charmaine Harn and and and how can I forget Mr Daniel Boey, Singapore's top show producer. I have the most utmost respect for him.






And girls, if you get into the top 20, rest assured your stomach muscles will tend to overwork thanks to the hilarious Yeoh Wee Teck!


Miss Singapore Universe 2007 Jessica Tan was my batchgal. She won 'Best Smile' awarded by M1. If there was a runner up position for Best Smile, I'd probably win that since I was also chosen to model for M1 alongside Jessica. :p Yah I know, not shy hor me. Dunch care! Anyway, that was my first biggest paycheck(4 figure sum) ever for just a few hours of work.







Excited already?
Now, the New Paper peeps will be going on a 'New Face' hunt this Saturday, 1pm at Orchard Central so gals, here is my advice:
Minimal make up. Dress up nicely. Smile and you'll get spotted surely! Confirm. Double confirm!Good luck girlies. See you on The New Paper ya. ;)

Lots of love
Nura J EsmanThe New Paper New Face Alumni Year 2002 :)
PS: You can also nominate your friend/cousin...etc. Click here to find out more.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet and nicely put advise for girls who aspire to become models and be in the entertainment industry :)

    Chin up, be happy and show your best self both inside and out. Be confident, be pleasant, be real. That should garner you good points from the judges. Honestly those were the criteria I set when I was one of the New Face walk in audition judges two years running (2010 and 2011).

    ReplyDelete