Sunday, May 22, 2011

FUN(damental)

.......
.......
.......

You may have tangible wealth untold.
Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold.
Richer than I you can never be.
I had a mother who read to me.
-Strickland Gillian.






As a homemaker who settled our school stuff, drove us to school/enrichment centres, cooked our favourite food, my mother also used to read to me and my brothers every night. I still remember how we would lay on our mattreses and listen to her intently.


We had a library corner at my childhood home over at West Coast Park. The huge book shelf was grey and my mom added rugs and big pillows at our cosy library area.


What I am as a parent today, I owe it to my mother. Whatever she did with me back then, I do it with Nyla now.
Only that I improvise a teeny weeny bit and instead of just reading together, Nyla and I write books together.


Finally peeps, Chickchickaboomz is on sale!
Thank you my readers for waiting ever so patiently.





Suitable for children aged 3 to 9 years old, Chickchickaboomz is about a young ostrich handling the social challenges of growing up. (something all children can relate to)


Other than educating young children to harness their own unique strengths, it also teaches fun scientific facts related to ostriches.




A copy of Chickchickaboomz is just $14!

And we have also printed additional copies of The Big Good Wolf so feel free to order as well!
Going at a special price of $10!





I personally believe that the best present to give to a child is a book because stories encourage bonding between parents and children....books enhance a child's language skills.


Chickchickaboomz and The Big Good Wolf have interesting characters such as 'Daddy O', 'Clawy', 'Horrido', 'Isabella' that will cuddle the imaginations of my young readers. :)


Together, let's raise readers for according to Emilie Buchwald, "Children are made readers on the laps of their parents" and also, let's listen to Roald Dahl who said, "So please, oh PLEASE, we beg, we pray, Go throw your TV set away, And in its place, you can install, A lovely bookshelf on the wall"

There are many ways to enlarge a child's world and in my case, the love of books has certainly benefitted Nyla (and myself) tremendously.

To add Chickchickaboomz and The Big Good Wolf on your book shelf, do email me at nuraesman@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment