Thursday, November 4, 2010

A grandfather's love







Besides Mr E, Nyla's other favourite man would have to be my dad.





Nyla is truly lucky to be able to experience a grandparent's love because I wasn't as fortunate.
I have never felt deprived though.... I mean, it's difficult to feel deprived of something that's never been there.
However my siblings and I had such memorable childhood thanks to our parents.

Anyway, I really have to thank Allah for giving my my ol man another chance at life in 2005.
He had a heart attack while I was heavily pregnant with Nyla.
It was painful to see all the tubes and wires on my active father's body.
Papa J would always reach out to stroke my tummy whenever I visited him at the hospital. And his tears will roll down his cheeks everytime he touched my belly.
Don't ask about me la ah...Everytime he did that, I'd bawl my eyes out.

Syukur Alhamdullilah, not only did he manage to welcome his first grandchild and blow raspberries at her and make her laugh with his silly faces....five years on, he is a strong influence in her life.
I guess my dad took the time to reexamine his life in the aftermath of his traumatic experience (ours as well!).
He has probably realised how important love of family is and he slowed down working hard.

Papa J is a busy man, however, somehow, he never fails to include Nyla in his hectic schedule.
Nyla and him share so much likeness, especially so in the humour department.




They never ran out of things to say to each other...
never ran out of things to do together...











Nyla, I really hope you will take after your Tok Daddy's fearless and easygoing nature.
And you must remember this Nyla.
Your Tok Daddy loves you very much and you are really blessed to have this wonderful man as your grandfather.

Dad, thank you for being such an amazing grandfather.