Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Facial and Massage at Harnies Beauty

I've never believed in going for facial treatments, actually.
I just assumed that my skin is okay and hence, doesn't need treatment.
Besides, I was also afraid that going for a facial treatment would jinx it.

Now that I am a blogger spokesperson for Harnies Beauty, I cannot run away from facial treatments.
One thing I absolutely like about Harnie is she's not the bitchy sort.
The kind that will rip your ego apart by saying, "Eh Nura, your skin ar..actually not that good you know..."
You know how some people will just find faults with your face (and magnify them) just to make you sign up for a facial package.
Harnie didn't find faults with my face at all during our first meeting.

In fact she has impressed upon me that women should go for facials for skin maintenance.
When I brought my mom to enjoy Hari Raya Haji promotion last Friday, Harnie and her therapists, Iza and Diana analysed my face (and mom's) under the white light.

Yikessy!
Mati mati tentu mati...
After cleansing my face thoroughly, Harnie agreed that the overall condition of my skin is alright. However, the trio found my comedones (whiteheads and blackheads) on my forehead as well as my 'congested chin' rather worrying.


I do have to agree that my chin does look 'sick' here.
By the way, thanks for shaping my eyebrows as well Iza!

Well I was just relieved that help was on the way before the problem gets even more serious.
Iza began the facial treatment by combining the steaming and exfoliating processes concurrently.
Steaming to open up the pores. Then, she applied Pineapple AHA mask which acts as a natural and a very effective exfoliating agent to get rid of excess oils and the impurities.

So far, very relaxing for me...until she asked,"Are you ready for the extraction process, Nura?"
Me: Huh? Eh why you ask me ah? Bring it on. Attack my forehead sista!
Iza: Going to be a little bit painful ya.
Me (in my heart): Oh come on, how painful can extractions of those teenie weenie bits of whiteheads be man?

And then, I started tearing laaaa. Walandeeee!

Ladies, come on. I ain't going to lie and say everything was fine...syiok...bla bla bla BUT the extraction process was definitely not very comfortable but not that too unpleasant either.
Anyway, NO PAIN NO GAIN MAH.
Apparently, painful extractions during facial treatments are normal!
Especially the nose area. Aiyo, I should have prepared myself for this.

Thank God, Iza, being a fantastic therapist, didn't do TOTAL extraction.
A million thanks babe for going easy with my pores.
If not, I would surely tersedu sedu one!
Yeap, I definitely have to make a comeback to attack the rest of my comedones.

After that, the relaxation begins! Yeeeehaaa. The moment I so expected. Hahaha!

Iza continued the ESSENTIAL face programe (which is suitable for all skin types) and applied Harnies Beauty's signature premium brand Decleor's Essential Oils, Neroli + Hydra Floral.

100% pure. 100% natural.
100% SHIOKADUDUS!!!
Absolutely loved this radiance boosting treatment because right after, my skin is perfectly moisturised and infinitely velvet soft.
Basically, it's ooohhhlaaalaaaaa all the way lor, thanks to therapist Iza's trained fingers to 'aromassage' my face, stimulating blood circulation.
Her gentle pressure with light sweeping strokes. No wonder my Puan Rokiah fell asleep! Let's not get into details.
Iza, Diana and Harnie, you know I know la ah! LOL! Winks!

Finally, Iza applied a mask that felt really refreshing!



It was definitely an interesting experience for me.

And I was glad and relieved I didn't look like a tomato after the session. Hehe! I was deeply relieved when I checked myself out in the mirror after the facial treatment. I was pleased with the results.
It's been 4 days and if previously my forehead was about 50% bumpy, now it's 15%. I've been advised not to have fringe and to push hair backwards since oil from my hair could probably cause the forehead to be bumpy. I'll do just that.

Moving on to the massage.

Honestly, my mom and I fell asleep 10 minutes after Diana and Iza worked their magic and eased away the tensions on our overworked bodies.
I have gone for traditional massages (Think Tanjong Pinang) and kid's massage (Heee! Nyla can be a good masseuse too whattt!) but my massage session at Harnies Beauty was a whole different experience altogether because it was really soothing and relaxing, all thanks to the Lavender Essential Oils!
Maciam luxury massage like that!

When we woke up, clock showed 5.40pm. GASPSSS! Sorry Nyla for fetching you late. Hahahha! TGIF! Heeee!

My mom and I were advised by Harnie not to shower when we reached home to maximise the soothing effect and give our skins time to absorb the Lavender Essential Oil.

So ladies, I highly suggest you pamper yourselves.
Mommies out there, give yourselves a break k because trust me, after the facial and massage, you'll feel all rejuvenated and become better mommies and wives. All thanks to the 2 hours of relaxation. :)
I for sure came home smiling that Friday evening.

Go for the Hari Raya Haji Promotion ladies. Extremely popular this one.

http://harniesbeauty.com/specials-and-promotions/189-hari-raya-haji-promotion.html




For further enquiries, you may also wish to call 6392-0623.