Monday, April 5, 2010

When I grow up

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry but when I first read the email, I laughed so hard I teared.
Then, when realisation set in, I didn't find it that funny anymore. :S

Nyla's having her class assembly next Friday and her teacher sent the parents some details on the class performance.
The adorable, adorable kids are going to talk about what they would like to be when they grow up.

Hence, us parents need to help them 'dress up' for the occupation.
I was pretty excited and wondered what could Nyla's dream ambition be since her ambition changes every hour. One moment she wants to be a dancer, the next moment a teacher (like the mother! hi 5). Then she wants to be a housemaid (just because she loves doing the dishes). After helping her Tok Mommy bake cookies, she would like to be a baker.


So I looked at the list of her friends' ambitions. Not too bad.

Vera and Desiree want to be air stewardesses.
Chiara wants to be an artiste.

Justin wants to be a policeman.
Joseph wants to be a scientist.
Shaun (Nyla's bf!) wants to be a pilot. (WOW! Menantu gua kaya! You go catch him good girl!Heee!)


Then I continued to scroll down and had a good giggle at Nyla's BFF, Trisha's dream occupation.
Her dream occupation is not the typical ones like her other classmates.
Trisha : Postwoman
When I called the mommy up, Mommy Hanny told me Trisha loves to mail letters.

Hanny's having a hard time looing for a mail bag now.

I got really excited when I finally 'reached' Nyla's name.
.
.
.
.
Nyla: GARDENER

So my child wants to be a tukang kebun when she grows up.

Owell. Her aunty Netty said to me,"Maybe what she meant was to be a landscape artist."

Well my curly babe, be whatever you want to be. Whatever you think you're good at.
One thing's for sure, my girl's got some pretty green fingers.
Whether, you are a gardener or a landscape artist, I'll still wave that pom poms for ya.
Now excuse me please, I need to find gloves, shovel and plastic flowers.
.
.
.

This is random.
I was playing hot n cold with Nyla.
I hid her blankie near the couch.
So when she was around the couch area, I said," You are definitely hot hot hot!."
Her reply?
"Im okay, Mommy. Don't worry. I'm just wearing singlet."

No Monday blues for me today, definitely.