Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Jakarta



A mega Islamic book fair was held at Senayan, Jakarta last week and my mom, being an avid reader and a knowledge seeker that she is, was really keen to go.
My paps, being her fairy godfather since the day they got married more than thirty years ago, granted her wish.
For the 99999999996785994634012856746252422637459063th time.

I find this real sweet.
How, after so many years of being together, they still make the effort to make each other happy.

I had no inkling that I was also going to be included in the trip together with my Mini me.
So when my paps called me to tell us to pack our bags the night before we were to depart, I was like,' Woohoooo! Best nyer!'
I love packing for holidays okay!

The not so great part is when you unpack yr luggage the moment you reach home. :s

March is a busy period for the husband so he couldn't tag along. Too bad!
I suspect he was also Yahhhhooo-ing in his heart, free from my naggings and Nyla's incessant 'Why ahs?'

The book fair was awesome.
I managed to find Islamic books for Nyla in English.
I shall now include stories about our Prophets during bedtime. :)




Esman also called up his friend, Jo, who is residing in Jakarta and told him about me and my family being in Jakarta.
Jo and his beautiful family kindly brought us out to Kembang Goela near Plaza Sentral.







The next day, we did a bit of shopping at Mangga Dua, followed by dinner with my dad's friend, Uncle Blaise.

Uncle Blaise is so great with children and Nyla adores him very much.
Thanks so much Uncle Blaise for offering us your rooms and the dinner. :)
My dad also spent quality time with his grand-daughter while his women were busy shopping for books (his wife) and clothes and shoes and accessories (his daughter :P)





It was a short trip because we had to return on Thursday as I had 2 tuition sessions on that day.
The thing about holidays is that you return being recharged so I wasn't tired at all.

Although the word 'Islamic', is the title of the fair,there were other books of different genres as well.
I bought a book penned by this young writer affectionately knows as Mattie.

I shall share more about him over at the Bottoms Uppers Blog. ;)
I haven't shared the book with the tutees yet, because I wanted to finish reading it.
Now that I have, it is truly such a beautiful book about hope and I can't wait to share it with them this week. :)



Mom and Dad, thanks for the trip!

Oh which reminds me.
Nyla misses her Godma Di in Norway very much and I laughed when I heard her and her daddy talking.

Nyla: Dy, I miss Aunty Diana ah.
Esman: Oh ya?
Nyla: Shall we go to Norway?
Esman: No Way.