Monday, December 28, 2009

Sorry :(

Like all parents, Esman and I only want the best for our our little girl.
I know that 2010 will be a new beginning for all and honestly, I am already daunted. :S


The past 2 years, Nyla has endured 1 hour bus rides to her school together with me.
(School transport could not accommodate to us because our place was way off.)
On days Esman was unable to fetch us, we would also brave through the crowded MRT and bus during the peak hours to go back home. Sometimes, when it got too exhausting for her, I would trouble either one of my fathers and ask them for a ride home.
So yes, it was definitely a hassle but because Nyla loved school so much, I shushed any voices of displeasure from my family.


2010 will be a busy year for me, with my back to back tuition assignments. I foresee a lot of hiccups should I continue to send her to her current school. It would be impossible and un-clever of me to send her to school, then rush back home to teach tuition and then fetch her from school.

I am no superwoman.

After much contemplation, Esman and I have decided to withdraw her from her awesome pre school and instead enrol her into a kindergarten much closer to home.
When I informed my advisor, my mom, of my decision, she was literally jumping for joy. Like finally after 2 years, her daughter has come to her senses.
1) Nyla would be able to brush up on her Malay.
(Yes her current kindergarten includes the teaching of Malay language. My Wak Gayah will be pleased too.)
2) The teacher-pupil ratio would prepare her for P1.


Nyla really enjoyed herself at Chiltern House during her N1 and N2 years and as I am typing this, I am tearing because I am wondering if I am ‘snatching’ my girl’s happiness.
When I dropped the bombshell on her a week ago, she was initially apprehensive but after much coaxing, she was alright.
Then she asked,'Mommy, can we go to Chiltern House for a while?'
‘Why babe?’ I asked.
‘I want to say goodbye to my friends. Shaun (her bf of 2 years), Trisha, Vera and Desiree will miss me when I’m not there.’

WAHLAU EY!
My heart sank and floodgates opened. Damn it man. I don’t know why but I felt really really bad at that time.
I still do.
I think those words also caused Esman heartache because he asked me if we should re-think this over.

Let's try this our first ok, hubs.


I’ve been receiving a lot of reassuring words from my family and friends who think that this is a wise decision. They are confident that Nyla will have no problems making new friends and will surely adapt easily to her new environment.
I have already checked out her new school which is just about 5 bus stops away. The reading programme is similar to Chiltern House’s.They are also using the Oxford Reading Tree from the United Kingdom as their core reading scheme. They also have Maths, Science, Art& Craft..etc. Pretty impressive.
However, I am still feeling immensely guilty and I cannot seem to shake this horrible, horrible feeling away.
To all the children and teachers of Chiltern House, thank you so much for creating that warm, friendly and stimulating environment, filled with love and laughter for my girl.

















My hope is that Nyla’s new school will be as welcoming, patient, loving and well managed as Chiltern House, and most importantly, my baby girl will be as happy there as she has grown to be in her previous school.


Nyla, thank you for not stamping your feet and throwing a massive tantrum at my decision, which I pray will be a good one, Insyaallah.

I am sorry, babe.