Saturday, February 14, 2009

Bittersweet Love

I dedicate this entry to the one who has given birth to me, for all the ways I am very similar to her in spite of myself, all the ways that I tried for so long to deny.
She is the one who has known me the longest and the best and loves me more than any other person in this universe.
During my defiant adolescence and my early mommy years (the inevitable friction entailed in coordinating the everyday routines), I sometimes felt that I hated her.
Oh. We've had our showdowns. (Forgive me Mum and Allah.)
When I started seeing my mom for who she is and stopped resenting her for who she could never be, we started to have a real friendship based on truth and resolution.

Yes. Finally, I have come to honour our similarities and acknowledge our differences in loving spirit.
Just like Puan Rokiah, I turned out to be a woman whose greatest joy derives from fluffing her nest and always being physically and emotionally there for her child(ren).
I love her unfailingly now.


Thank you Mom for being who you are and for doing what you did to make me who I am today.

I love you.