Wednesday, January 21, 2009

That question.

One of the topics that Esman and I have talked about more frequently in the past couple of months (and years) is the "When are we going to have another baby?" -the question that pours out of the lips of our parents, relatives, friends, strangers when they see us with Nyla.
Truth be told, I am still not ready yet because Nyla was such a colicky baby and if not for the wonderful support network, I would most probably end up like Brooke Shields (she suffered from post natal depression)
I am extremely scared to relive the sleepless nights and tolerate the incessant cryings at night.

But they always say that every baby is different.
But but but: If same, how?!

Currently, it is also very easy to make impromptu plans (especially now that Nyla is bigger!) and my mom and my mother in law have no qualms at all babysitting Nyla while Esman and I go hurray hurray watch midnight movie or simply just spend time together.


However, Esman and I (plus everybody else) are deeply aware that Nyla needs a sibling.
And insyaallah, we will give her another brother or sister.

A part of me screams,"Nyla is a big girl now! You will do just fine with a baby. Who knows this time, the baby will only cry for milk and will start sleeping through from six weeks! Don’t you want to smell that baby breath...?" but then the rational part of me says, "Are you sure you want to go down that road all over again?"

I have about three years left to have my remaining child(ren).
(My internal biological clock tells me that the cut off age to be pregnant is 30.)

So Nyla, relish your ‘only child’ status for now because babe, it is not going to be permanent.
I hope I won't get knocked up anytime soon though because I am really keen in the backpacking trip suggested by the husband.