Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Great Escape

24th January 2009 was the first time ever that I had been away by myself since Nyla was born.
Here, I do not mean a romantic getaway with Esman. I left him behind too! Hahaha!
I mean all by myself , where I had a blast with my favourite ladies in the whole wide world for 3 consecutive days with 2 overnights!




With Ray who is my History teacher's daughter. What a small world!
Hmmm how do I address her now? Aunty or Mdm Azizah? Selamat dapat distinction for History! Kiakiakia!


With Farha! Over the years, she has changed so much. For the better, of course. Real proud of this gal.

During my time in Jakarta, I woke up when I wanted and went anywhere I wanted.
It was complete freedom! MERDEKA!

I managed to catch up a bit with Nancy and her galpals in the evening. Ray then joined us after dinner and we watched Bride Wars at midnight. Nurul was too zonked out to join us. I had to gulp 2 glasses of coffee just to keep awake. Maklomlah, semenjak ada anak ni, my eyes get sleepy by 9pm. Hehehe. Then in the middle of the night, I got sick. Badan masuk angin! Hahahaha. Plans to go the flea market the next morning had to be aborted.
Instead,I went for a 3 hour long spa. Huge thanks to the massage therapist who got rid of the wind in my body and thus made it possible for me to embark on a 6 hours shopping trip right after that spa session! I was completely reenergised!


Lepak at Mac! baby Anggun pon sekaki suka shopping!

Day 3 came. If you all think, it was pack up and head to the airport! WRONG!
At 7plus AM, I managed to dye my hair and do a Brazilian wax! Hahahah! All thanks to Nurul’s tante! We were running late so I had no time to blow dry my hair and look like Barbie for Esman. Hahahaha!

Anyway, I felt revived and ready to return home to my 2 babies.
It was indeed very nice to have that much needed 'me-time.'

Thank you my beautiful ladies for the very wonderful time and a million thanks to Nurul's tante for the great hospitality.

Thanks Nancy for the beautiful customised shirt for Nyla.


I owe you a dinner treat when you come to Singapore ya!


Check out the other gals' respective updates about the trip.