Sunday, February 1, 2009

Homerun

Teaching was a great calling but ever since Nyla, I realised that there is no greater calling than that of being a parent.
So, I have decided to opt out of the workforce and choose to be a full time mom.
Last Friday(my last day of duty), there were mixed emotions.
I've been blessed with really wonderful colleagues who rocked my time in school.



I hope the ties that have been established will never be broken.

Kengkorang, if there are any events, janganlah lupa insan di sini hor!
The decision to walk away from my noble prefession only hit me during last December school holidays.
That quality time spent with my babe was just awesome that I dropped the bombshell to Esman.
'Honey, I want to quit work.'
At first, there wasn't any shocked reaction from him because he's heard the above 'bombshell' a gazillion times.

You see, I am a very fickle- minded person.
On bad days at work, I'll yadda yadda to him about being stretched so taut I feel like snapping.
On good days at work, I'll indulge in some self narcissism and let him marvel at me for being an inspiration to my pupils.

Then we'll have long debate sessions on ways to balance my life with regards to work and at home.


The thing is, he has been so supportive that at the end of every conversation, he'll tell me that he is fine in whatever decision that I make. As long as yours truly is happy.
Either he is very nice or he malas nak layan karenah aku!
So that day (the eve of Hari Raya Haji to be precise), I finally stopped 'crying wolf' and told him I want to stay home and be a full time mom.
He advised me to ask for my family's opinion. They gave their blessings. Alhamdullilah.

At this very moment, I am feeling very secure, so solid in my decision and so adamant that this is the right thing to do.
Nyla, you have captured me my child and I will surrender with gratitude.

Mommy's coming home to you babe.