Tuesday, May 15, 2012

NAY to YAY!

"Nura, so young ah you marry!"
-Hannor. I want mah. Dah gatal. What to do? :p
Anyway, today is my 8th year wedding anniversary you knowwwww.
Happy Anniversary Mr E! I daaaaaaaaa you.

8 years of being love birds as well as angry birds. :p

"Nura, enjoy married life first la. Don't straightaway get pregnant."
-So thankful to the One above for Nyla who was conceived 3 months after marriage. She's turning 7 real soon and has brought me absolute joy.

"Nura, don't quit teaching la. So sayang."
-Teachers who are still in the profession, I don't mean to rub it in and would like to apologise if you're offended. Quitting the civil service has gotta be the best decision I ever made. Those of you who are still enjoying yourselves in school, I salute your dedication. Those of you who are not and you feel so resentful, my advice to you: Take the leap of faith. (But before that, plan what you wanna do.)

"Where got such thing as home based group tutor?"
-Of course have. Yes, although some may prefer one to one tuition but I know deep down that there will be children who strive in a 'group' environment. They discuss. They compete. My mom used to send me for group tuition when I was younger and I always looked forward to my tuition sessions with Mrs Choo. Tuition mates from other schools were gerek too. And best part of group tuition: can share other schools' exam papers.


"Local authors cannot make it la. Your books sure difficult to sell one."
-Yeap, The Big Good Wolf and Chickchickaboomz did not make me a millionaire ala J.K Rowling but the process of writing (and now reading aloud sessions at the libraries/events/schools) of these 2 books with Nyla was/is priceless.



"Aiyo, so kesian your mom. You make her sew and sew and sew. Stop la the toga/poncho business."
- This part I want to slap your mouth can? My mother is not even complaining. Ok la lie abit. When the orders got overwhelming, she moody abit...tired mah BUT ball is always in her court. If she gives green light, then ok go take order. Now she even has a system in place. Mondays to Wednesdays are her sewing days. Thursdays to Sundays she gotta study for her diploma. So my Puan Rokiah is part time working woman, part time student.
Anyway, Hanin, thank you for rocking the Midnight Blue Maxi woman!


"3 room HDB flat? Downgrade until like that?!"
-Mini Materials. Maxi Life. Mr E's white hairs now all turn black liao. :pppp

"Good la wear tudung already. Make sure you not the bukak-tutup type."
- Close to 6 months and I pray that I will not go through de-hijabization.


LATEST PHRASE:

"Nura, wrong time la to do property now. Not easy you know."



-Currently, based on my observation, I personally feel that there is a large inventory of properties in the market, resulting in choosier buyers/tenants. The stamp duties also play a big factor.
Yeah, definitely not easy. My working hours too have extended. Usually after tuition, can relack. Now, I have home consultation sessions to attend to.
Right now, I am also shadowing a few of my experienced and absolutely ethical real estate agent friends. My mentors. Eye opening.

I have realised an important thing from those eye opening experiences.
The need to tell the truth. (even though it is sort of ouchy)
If my client has an unrealistic view of his or her home, I'll say so. Price it too high, 'home shoppers' will run and search for better deals especially since they have the upper hand now. Therefore, reduced probability of selling the property.
On the other hand, if property priced too low, sellers will be short changed pulak.
Hence getting the right price is very critical here. So yeah, if you have any property enquiries, feel free to call me at 9 724 88 66 and I'll try my best to advise you.

Anyway, as always, I'll gather whatever strength I have in me to turn these naysayers into yaysayers by making them part of my effort. I must never see these naysayers as toxic people because they are the ones who push me to success.
They are my fuel to my creativity....

Time to dare and endure, as always.

3 comments:

  1. you are an inspiration indeed..so what is it that you can't do? =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post nura. very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I salute u for your positive mindset.i bet theres ups and downs,but u managed to strive every lil things~
    God bless u nura!


    Bella huda

    ReplyDelete