Friday, March 9, 2012

In order to succeed, you must first be willing to fail

The moment I finished reading this email by Najihah on this very blessed Friday morning, I knew that this one is a MUST a share.
Here are snippets of this very inspiring girl's email.

"Coming from a family background like mine, it was pretty hard for me to handle that I'm destined to be in ITE. My sister and I, are and will always be the first to attend ITE. And I carried on my schooling journey in Kaplan for my private diploma cause I failed to secure a seat in Poly. And Alhamdulilah, I'm waiting for my degree with University of Dublin come October. And this is where my point of this email comes in.. ......
I faced setbacks in life and time and time again, I disappointed my dad. In return, I became a true perfectionist that can never accept another failure. Thus due to that, I suffered from a minor depression because I couldn't secure a seat in our local Poly. I was so upset. I shut myself down for a week and I actually gave up studying. I don't even want to utter the word '' Private Diploma'' cause I felt I was a failure. But boy, was I wrong..
(Selit sikit. Yes honey, damn wrong.)

I came across this post.... This post shows me that it is okay to fail cause through failing we will learn to strive for more and to push our boundaries. Through failing, we will treasure the happiness in the end and not take success for granted. (Totally girl!)

And my readers click HERE for the post.
Here, truly, failure is no longer a possibility for us all. It is a requirement for us to achieve success.....provided that you keep in mind that that failure is not final (it is a wake up call!) and you keep striving.

I'll definitely share this with my Bottoms Uppers tutees this weekend.
Let's keep in mind that when there is failure, there is growth...and then with hard work, focus and determination, success happens.
Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment