Thursday, November 10, 2011

My brother's present...ALCHEMY.,...

A few weeks ago, my elder brother,Bah, got me a gift.
First time ever sia he bought me something.



"Kin, this is for you. It's really good. Try it. I bought for my wife too."

The packaging was so nice I thought it was a huge box of chocolates lor.
So you imagine my surprise... or rather, shock when it was a box of pads.

Yes...Sanitary Pads.

M.Y B.A.H G.OT M.E A B.O.X O.F S.A.N.I.T.A.R.Y P.A.D.S & P.A.N.T.Y.L.I.N.E.R.S.

Me: Bah, if this is supposed to be a joke, it's really not funny leh.

Him: I am not kidding. My friend, Elisabeth is a firm believer of this product. Whatever pads that you are using now, throw them away. They will destroy your vagina.
(???!!! AWKWARD!)

Me: *Covers ears* Eh don't say the v word leh. Use 'down there' instead.

Him: You love your 'down there', you use this. If you don't believe me, then I'll ask Elisabeth to come and meet you. You have to hear her tell you the story of these pads, Kin.

At that time, I was not interested because I was happy with my jumbo-sized pads. They are so long...some longer than my underwear.
Everytime I wear those pads, whenever I sit, I'd worry if there would be a 'pad-crack' instead of a butt crack la.

The following days to come, Bah kept sms-ing me when I was free to meet his friend, Elisabeth....whether I have called her.

I erm...just ignored those smses...but when it comes to Rooqy, Id be so prompt in replying.

Then last week on November 2 to be precise, Elisabeth called me.
Yup, my Bah gave up on me so he gave her my number.

She sounded so sweet over the phone I felt really obliged to see her. So I fixed an appointment with her and after hearing her out, I felt so angry at myself for delaying all of this.
Really really sorry Bah and Elisabeth.

This is really beginning to sound like an advertorial.
BUT it is not. I am a pad-convert.
And you all know my motto is SHARING IS CARING.


Whatever that has done me good, I will share with you girl
s one.

So now, I would like to share how the Alchemy Sanitary Pads have benefitted me personally.

1) My menstrual cycle is usually 28 day cycle kind. Few months ago, it became a 24-25 day cycle kind for more than 3 consecutive months. I started using the Alchemy pad on November 4 to be exact and while I was preparing Aunt Flo to come and visit me on the 24th day, it didn't. I got to perform the Aidiladha prayers! Alhamdullilah. And then it arrived. On the 28th day. So hopefully my 28 day cycle is back.

2) Ok this is getting embarrassing but what the heck. Do you sometimes experience menstrual odour? If yes, hi-5. With this Alchemy pad, no smell at all. Nothing hence making me all the more convinced that the Alchemy pads are chemical-free, ensuring that menstrual flow not be exposed to air and allow vaginal self-cleaning.

3) I like the feeling of the smooth cotton surface. Very gentle.

4) Every pad is vaccum sealed preventing dirt, dust and bacteria from entering. Got expiry date somemore. By the way, I used to buy twin pack kind of pads (2 in 1). Cheaper. Probably those were past expiry date la! Must clear stock kind. Aaaarrrrrgh. How depressing. :(

Why am I so into these Alchemy Pads?

Well, I have a daughter who will enter puberty in say 5-6 years' time.
I will make sure I empower Nyla through proper education of women’s health.
In fact Nyla was beside me when Elisabeth was doing the demo. Nyla, it wasn't only educational for you...it was for Mommy too.


Will not let her (and me!) use over- the -counter pads (YES, the jumbo ones included!) and let her (and my!) 'down there' be exposed to the toxins by those pads since they are made of recycled papers. (IMAGINE YOUR 'DOWN THERE' BEING PADDED BY NEWSPAPER.... Your 'down there' being exposed to carbon and all. :((((( So for more than 10 years, I have been padded like that man. :(((( )

And because these sanitary pads are bleached, people with high exposure to dioxins may be at risk for other factors that could increase the risk of PID (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease), reduce fertility and probably interfere with normal fetal and childhood development.

I should have known better sey.
My brother is a health freak. He is a facts and figures kind of person.
The fact that these Alchemy Pads 'underwent' PSB Lab Tests, no wonder he die die wanted me to use this.





Comes in a box. Now you know why I thought it was a box of expensive chocolates!


The contents. With this set each month, I am done with shopping for sanitary items. All in one kind. Used to buy day pads, night pads and sanitary pads separately. From this month onwards, no more!


My brother's friend,this Elisabeth is also a motivational speaker. She conducts 'Grateful 101' sessions.
So come next week, I have invited her to speak and inspire my Bottoms Up Club tutees.

And since she is very passionate about women's health, I have requested that she also speak to my 11-12 year old girls..the same way she did to me and Nyla. So after the 'Grateful 101' talk, my boys will go home and I'd get my girls and their mommies to stay behind for a bit and make them stop being clueless about this neglected topic.

Girls, if you would like to order this ALCHEMY SANITARY PADS which are protected from dirt, dust and bacteria, a box cost $29.70.
To prevent itch, rash, smell/odour, coloured discharge, clots, cramps and a healthy 'down there', $30 is peanuts lor...

So do share this valuable information with your girlfriends/cuzzies/sisters/mommies/aunties ya.
I'll get these pads for you babesies.
Time to be padded safely yo!

Email me at nuraesman@gmail.com and I'll call Elisabeth to place your orders.

*If you want to know in greater detail, Elisabeth also conducts free corporate talks. Let me know if you and your colleagues want her to speak to you during lunch time....
**If you are a teacher and you want to educate your entering-puberty girls....
***If you are a guy, get it for your partner/sister. Trust me, they will love you even more for your concern.

Be transformed. Period.
Saaaaaaaapppppppppp. :)

Bah, Thank you so much ya.
If it weren't for you, I'd still be clueless.
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH BAHHHHH!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nura, is the pad long enuf? I'd always buy those maxi long pads as I have heavy mensus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kak Su!
    Well the night pads are long enough for me leh kak. My heaviest will be on the 2nd and 3rd day so I'll use up the 8 night pads on these 2 days. The rest of the days i'll use the day pads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nura, I was also recently told about these pads, wonder why they dont make it to the shelf. probably more ex than other commercial ones i suppose. thanks for the write up, the lady here too was willing to give a demo/talk about these pads and benefits, but haven't gotten around to do it yet with her... well, i just might soon. tq!

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi kak Nura...

    How do i purchase these pads? :)

    ReplyDelete