Thursday, October 27, 2011

Simple Pleasures

I turned 29 last Monday.
I have reached the-end-of-the-twenties- line.

When I was young like this...
I expected toys as presents from my parents.

And then when I was still dating Mr E, I expected him to shower me with lavish gifts such as
Tiff & Co la...LV la...etc.

Now that I am older (and hopefully wiser) plus the fact that I am a mother, I now place the highest value on the least materialistic options like:

Food...
Have you tried Ayam Bakar Ojolali at Lucky Plaza?
Damn yummylicious can???!
I'm not fan of breast meat so I always request for thigh.

And when faced with good food, you just don't think about smiling for the camera la uh!


F.R.I.E.N.D.S

At Seoul Garden with my ex colleagues turned sistas.
I am really blessed to have these girls as my buddies.
Nothing beats sharing a good laugh with your best mates man. Thanks for the lunch treat babesies.

FAMILY
My mom...the person who brought me into this world. And every birthday of mine, she'd say, "Kau la paling susah time Mak nak beranak..."



Anyway, she sewed me a new Toga top as a birthday gift.
Sew sweet of her.

This picture ah makes me look so short. But then again, I am katek! Heh! :p
I like this toga top design very much... so ladies, save a bit of money k because next week you might do a lil bit of shopping. *Winks!*



When I look at this picture, my heart ached a little.
My parents have aged. Especially my dad. :(
I am also saddened that he has somewhat lost his extreme positivity in life. Don't get me wrong. He is still positive and all but he is just less hyper like as if age is thinning his hopes and dreams. Papa J, time to just take it slow...rest and enjoy your golden years.

Too bad my younger bro, Jambi couldn't join us yesterday. He had to study. (Ya right lor)
Nevertheless, we still wished you (and Jac) joined us, Jam.











Last lap now before the big 30.
Although I am certainly not the child I once was, I don't feel old.
I hope I can continue to do more new and exciting stuff to continue feeling young and vibrant.

Bak pepatah Emily Dickinson:
"We turn not older with years, but newer every day."

PS: Please pop by Nyla's blog over here for her simple 'plazhers'! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Nura J : Hi Nura...remember me? Anis....Aunty Ann nyer eldest dotter? Hope not to late to wish u Happy Belated 29th bday...and you've got 1 more yr b4 the 30s club :) .... anyways, agree abt parents aging...saw ur dad wen he came over to my place for my son's cukur rambut & your dad has thinned down a lot! May Allah bless ur parents wif gd health...take care babe!

    matchmadeinheaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete