Monday, March 28, 2011

Tiger Mommy?

Anyone read Amy Chua's Battle Hymn Of The Tiger Mother?

Man, that lady is something ya!


Nyla: What are you reading about Mommy?

Me: About this woman who is a 'Tiger Mom'! *Roaaars!*

Nyla: Where?! I want to see pictures of her cubs.


And then I explained to her that she's this damn garang lady who is very strict to her daughters.


Nyla: Close the book please.

I continued and said, "Wanna know what her daughters were never allowed to do?"


Nyla nodded.


In fact, she even added comments in saying PLUS writing.

Let me share with you.


1. Her daughters were never allowed to attend a sleepover.

Shook her head then wrote,"I would love to attend sleepovers with Shiqah, Trisha, Vera , Farysha and Marsya because they are fun." And she also mentioned," I want to see their rooms...whether their beds are comfortable or not...whether their bantal busuk is smelly..."


2. Her daughters were never allowed to have a playdate.

"She no good seh!" And proceeded to write, "Playdates are fun because I have friends." (Only child mah!)


3. Her daughters were never allowed to be in a school play.

"I love to sing and dance. I love to catwalk in front of people." -_______-


4.Her daughters were not allowed to watch TV.

Nyla then exclaimed," Ask her become like you la. Watch a bit only."

"I love to watch Angelina (Ballerina) and Tom & Jerry.


5.Her daughters must play either the piano or violin.

"Just these 2 instruments?" Nyla said.

And then she wrote this:


.

.

.

.

.


"Taylor Swift's mother need to talk to her."



"Close the book Mommy. It's not good."


Chill babe. I'm just reading. Not that I aspire to be like her. You scared ah? Heee!

.

.

.

Mr E, violin or piano for our kerintingz? *Sniggers....*

No comments:

Post a Comment