Wednesday, March 23, 2011

CCB

Sick of wolves being portrayed in a negative light, Nyla made up a story about how a wolf befriends a girl in the woods.
When she fell asleep, I wrote down her story. I then asked an ex-pupil to provide the illustrations for the book. Khilfie, 12, completed the illustrations within three days. Colouring took another week.


So that's the story of how 'The Big Good Wolf' came about.

Right after that, I wanted us both to continue producing children's books together. Nyla kept telling me she wanted her 2nd book to be about a family of animals.

Last July, Nyla had a lightbulb moment at my mom's house. She just told me," Mommy, I need a paper!" She loves drawing so I thought nothing of that urgency. Nyla was so focused. Such intense use of imagination and creativity. After she had completed, she cried out to me,"Mommy! I'm done with the 2nd book!"

She presented to me this storyboard below.


And narrated her drawings to me. (And her Tok Mummy)
Man, my mother was beaming and told me, "This is definitely the 2nd book, Kin."

On September last year, I then approached my ex primary school buddy, Firdaus, who was absolutely gifted in Art back then. He still is now, only better. He just graduated from 3D Sense Media School with a DISTINCTION in Digital Visual effects and Animation. Congrats bro. :)

"Sure! Let's do this!" said Nyla's forever chirpy Uncle Furby. Firdaus, thank you for being so dedicated to this project despite your hectic schedule.

I bet the kids will love your illustrations as much as we do! :)

Our 2nd book is finally completed so without further ado, let us present to you:


Chickchickaboomz is coming your way real soon! Suitable for children aged 3 to 9, your kids will so love this entertaining yet informative read. Very BOOMZ one. :)

3 comments:

  1. Justin said the tittle is funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. i surely can't wait to grab this for my toddler... thnks Nyla.... fm Aunty Sheila Zack

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey nura, have been reading ur blog now. interested to get ur books as I am buliding up a library for my 3 year old. do share on ho wI can get my hands on them =)

    ReplyDelete