Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Dream Team

4 years ago, Nyla and I graced the cover of Mother and Baby and we were given the label 'the dream team Nura & Nyla.'
I must say we have definitely lived up to that term!

Last Saturday, Nyla and I were truly a dream team as we narrated our story, 'The Big Good Wolf' together during our storytelling session at Jurong Regional Library.
We've practised quite a bit at home in front of our usual audience, Mr E and my parents.
Honestly, I prepared myself to do the storytelling solo because I would expect Nyla to freak out when faced with unfamiliar audience.
She's just 5 years old mah.
I used to hide behind my mom whenever strangers said hello.


Well, Nyla, being the gem that she is, was ok.
She was comfortable.
She projected her voice so very well.
She was loud and clear.
She was very confident.
I am so proud of Nyla!

To those who came, thank you very muchie! BIG HUGS!
The kiddos were so focused and engaged.
Babe signing her autograph. Cheyyyyy!
I really cannot wait for more storytelling sessions!
Haryani and I are still in talks and most probably our next library pitstop is:
WOODLANDS REGIONAL LIBRARY.
Woodlandersssss, turun padang k!


Just last night, I was cleaning up the desktop when I came across my resignation letter.
I remembered I penned this letter just for the fun of it.
It never made it to my ex prinicipal. Or maybe it did?! Aiya I also forgot! :S
Dear _______,
I am writing to you to officially tender my resignation as a teacher.
I have appreciated the opportunities and experiences that have been provided to me all these years.
I feel guilty at work because I am not at home spending time with my child, and guilty at home over what’s not getting done at work.
I am deeply aware that I can never win this tug of war until I let go of one side of the rope.
And unfortunately, it’s your side that I am letting go.
Thus I will be accepting my position as Chief Home Executive with *Nyla Inc.
Best wishes to you….and me as well.

Yours Sincerely,
Nura

*PS: Nyla is my daughter’s name.


Anyway, my 5 year old boss has just come up with another story idea.
This time with ending.
This time about a family of a particular animal.
So yeah.
It's time for me to sit down and get to work.
Book number 2 is officially in progress yo!

Also, somehow now it seems that Nyla and I both come in a package.
We both had photoshoot assignment for First Lady (me) and First Girl (her) yesterday.
Nyla enjoyed herself so much with the crew and the kakaks she posed with.


Since I was also involved in the photoshoot, my mom was kind enough to follow us and look after Nyla while I was busy. Thanks Mom!

Smile!

Errmmmmm...Go easy with the hips baby. :S
So there you have it, Nura and Nyla, The Dream Team! :)