Wednesday, May 26, 2010

THANK YOU

Hi all. :)

It has been a mere 2 days since my first children's book, The Big Good Wolf was launched and it has received such an overwhelming response.
To those who have bought, we thank you for your support. Hugs.
To those who are thinking of buying, we thank you for your enthusiasm...and get it as soon as possible because they are selling fast and would probably need to go for a second reprint.

I am really happy that so many have expressed interest in The Big Good Wolf because one, we are all raising readers (yey!) and two, the bond between your child and yourself would be futher strengthened as you read aloud and then create your very own story with your child. :)

Now, success in getting The Big Good Wolf from concept to fruition would not have been possible without the belief and assistance of many. I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to:

My Family:
Nyla,Mom, Paps, Bah, Netty, Jam, Mr E
Nyla, thank you for igniting the spark of The Big Good Wolf, babe.
Mom and Paps, thank you for believing in your daughter's magic within.
Everytime the whole family is together, we joined forces and brainstormed for ideas on how to make The Big Good Wolf as appealing as possible. Each and everyone of them has contributed their expertise.

Julia Gabriel
who found The Big Good Wolf project to be 'most exciting' and the story, 'delightful'. Thank you for being more than happy to contribute your encouraging words in the book, Julia. :)

Haryani Othman and NLB
When she read The Big Good Wolf, she immediately sms-ed me this, "I read the book. Very comel and simple yet touching. Simplicity is a rare breed."
Haryani, thank you for appreciating the pure, innocent and vibrant aspect of a child's mind.
I will be making 2 appearances at the Jurong Regional Library for a storytelling session and Bedok Public Library for a workshop. I will blog about this soon.

The Right Spin Peeps
for the support. The whole team is so committed to provide me with advice and opportunities, despite their very hectic schedules.

Girlfriends and Relatives
who snapped up the first more than a hundred copies even before The Big Good Wolf was officially launched on Nyla's birthday.

Shofiyah, Hazwan and James
for providing great mentoring and guidance to the 12 year old illustrator, Khilfie!

Lustmonday
For reserving their pretty outfits to make sure I look presentable during any The Big Good Wolf publicity event.

Bottoms Uppers
All of them were excited when their fellow mate, the illustrator of this project, Khilfie was involved in The Big Good Wolf project. Mdm Nura has already identified a few who could become illustrators of the next book I intend to publish. A friend ever made a passing remark when I shared with her that I would like to facilitate a book produced by children,"I think you're taking a big risk in letting the children take charge, Nura." My friend, I shall not take that comment to heart. When you become a mother, you'll take back these very words you said. These children are magical.


So far there are 2 modes of payment.
One, through paypal. Just visit www.thebottomsupclub.com
Two, through normal money transfer/i-banking. Just email me at nuraesman@gmail.com

Once again, my blog readers, THANK YOU for your support!