Monday, March 22, 2010

Rooqy's FIRST birthday bash!



Rooqy turned ONE 2 weeks ago and we threw him a belated birthday party yesterday at his gramps' place.
Bah and my sis in law, Netty, have mutually decided that their firstborn's first party not be a big- scale- invite the- whole- kampong kind of affair and we respect their decision.



Only immediate family members were present because they didn't want to overwhelm Rooqy.
I then suggested to my brother that we engage an entertainer for the children.
After all, it is still a birthday party and a party should be fun and memorable for the kids.
He bought the idea.
After the green light was flashed, I immediately called up Shufi aka Fifi the Magician who was a hit at Nyla's party last year.
I was worried actually because it was a last minute thingy and these guys are damn popular!
Fifi was unavailable and he directed me to his partner, Funky Freddie (who happened to be my ex JC mate! small world!) who was already booked for 2 gigs on that very day! Sharks.
Anyway, he didn't let me down. Phew!
You're a gem, bro!
Funky Freddie you are to your young fans, KIND and Funky Farid you'll always be to me, bro. :)
Thanks for doing it despite your busy schedule!

Here's Funky Freddie performing close up magic.

Balloon Sculpture time
Nyla ordered PINK bracelet. PINK crown. PINK flower.
The twins were into anything purple!
The boys requested for dinosaurs, helicopters and guns. Typical boys' stuff!
Happy kids they were thanks to Funky Freddie!




Funky Freddie the magician and balloon man was too good, even the adults' eyes were glued to him the whole time with mouths agape.




And I thought Bah requested a dinosaur crown for Rooqy. Riggghtttt.
So If you’re looking for a magician for your child’s birthday party, a close-up magic expert for your private function, or a stage magician for your company event, then I recommend Funky Freddie!
Visit his website at http://www.funkymagic.sg/ and contact him personally!
I assure you that your kiddos and guests will have one ball of a great time!
Farid, you should add another adjective to your name: FANTASTIC! Truly!