Monday, March 1, 2010

Kids (& adults) say the DARNDEST things

Scenario 1:

Tutee: Cher, my friend wants to join Bottom Up.
Me: It's Bottoms Up, dear. (Emphasising on the sssssssss)
Nyla: Yes, it's Bottomssssssss because our backside got TWO cheeks. My mommy say anything more than one must add 's'.

Scenario 2:
Nyla: Mommy, can you tell Geetha (her teacher) that I can't come to school tomorrow.
Me:Italic Why, Nyl?
Nyla: because I am having hiccups.

Scenario 3:
Nyla: Mommy, you know why boy's balls are squishy squashy?
Me: Why?
Nyla: Because there's pee inside.
Me: If you think they store their pee there, where do girls store their pee then, babe?
Nyla: Boobies la. That's why as we grow older, they also get squishy squashy.

Apparently the dad also looks up to his daughter and tries to be as funny as her.

Me: D, I want to watch 'My name is Khan.'
Him: a long pause.... followed by Khan-nina!
Me: WTH!
No offence to SRK fans hor! Mr E does not dislike him. He was just trying to be annoying to his wife.
And yes, we are watching 'My name is Khan'! Yipps!