Sunday, January 3, 2010

Tanjong Pinang

Tanjong Pinang was SHIOKADOODOOOS!

The moment we reached the hotel, Esman and I booked our slots for foot refloxology and full body massage sessions. Our masseuses did great, kneading away all the stress and the angins in our bodies.
We felt so much rejuvenated after that.

Foot refloxology time.
Cream bath for hair is a must whenever I am in Indonesia to nourish, revitalize and moisturize my toasted hair.

Esman followed suit, mainly for the head and shoulder massage.

We also dragged Nyla into having a hair cream bath to disentangle her web of curls.
She enjoyed her experience, I must say, until the lady towel-wrapped her hair, turban style.
Yikes!
And while waiting for her hair to ‘suck in’ all the nutrients, she requested if she could also do her nails just like Farysha.
Nyla waiting for her turn to do a manicure.
End result: Left hand, pink nail polish. Right hand, purple.
Gasak kau la nak. Asal kau bahagia.

This time round, I did not eat much. The last time I went to Tanjong Pinang in 2008, I was struck by food poisoning. Hence, I refrained myself from being a pelahap and controlled my food/drinks intake. It was tough for me boy! Drank only canned drinks and bottled mineral water. The kelong food was delicious, especially the black pepper crabs. I also tried the kapal selam and pisang goreng keju, strongly recommended by Farha and Shof. Takleh angs!





I didn't do much retail therapy either.
I don’t know why but ever since Nyla, when I go on holidays, my shopping-drive just goes downhill.
I just want my girl to have fun and oh yes, she truly had one helluva fun!










Ultimately, humans in general strive in a social fraternity and I personally feel that nothing can beat the family network. This short trip has definitely strengthened the bonds among us.














To Busu, thank you for doing all the planning and making our short getaway a memorable one, yet again. :)