Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sampai Cinta Menjemputku

I remembered watching him on stage with the rest of his Echoboys members during the Kara-U-Ok musical I attended in 1998.
I was still a secondary school girl who was very kental to the max.
Since he was the only malay guy in the group, the malay girls were pretty fanatic and gushing over him because he was (and still is!) one good looking mat. Kembang la tu!

Fast forward 5 years later, I bumped into him again at the Krayon auditions, only this time, I was *ehem ehem* in the entertainment industry as well and no longer kental blachan.


We, together with Kak Oni, were selected as the Krayon hosts and I realised then that Hatta was truly meant for the entertainment industry because he is an all rounder.
He's got looks. He can sing. He can dance. He can act. He can host.
When Hatta left us after 3 seasons of Krayon because he wanted to fly, we were devastated because we were really a dynamic team. *Remember the tenderloin thighs joke at Bishan Park! Hah!*
Anyway, Hatta is now back in showbiz with a vengeance!
When I heard his latest single, 'Sampai Cinta Menjemputku' on the radio sometime ago, I wasn't surprised at all because it's about time!
The song was also chosen to be the theme song of last year's Hari Raya Haji drama - a joint collaboration between Singapore & Brunei !
Good on you, bro! I'm really proud of you.
I wish you all the best in your future endeavours. :)
So Hatta Said fans, whatcha waiting for! Request for the song on RIA/WARNA! :)