Friday, January 15, 2010

Date with Mom

I realised that I hardly spend quality time with my mom ever since I have a place of my own.
That plus the fact that I am now wholly in charge of Nyla and busy with my other baby, Bottoms Up!.

Yes, I do see her nearly every weekend when I visit her and my dad but what I mean is I seldom go out on a date with her, as in just me and her.
I remembered pre-marriage and pre-Nyla, I used to go out with her pretty often.

To JB, we would take bus service 170 to Larkin.
To CK Tang if she needs a new bag. Lunch would always be at Far East Plaza because she loves the mee goreng at Puncak.
To Arab Street/Geylang if she wants to buy new kain. Lunch at Zam Zam if at Arab Street and Hjh Maimunah if at Geylang.

Last Monday night, I missed her terribly so I called her asking her if she would like to go out on a date with her only daughter.
She sounded very keen. Yeay!

So the very next day, she dropped by my place for a little while to relax after her religious class. Then once I got Nyla ready for school, we left my place, dropped off the babe at her school and off we went to Geylang for some uninterrupted time together for a delicious lunch, some shopping and of course loads of chatting.


Mom, we should do this more often.
I had a lovely time and will try to make time to increase our bonding moments, I promise.