Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Anggun's 2nd :)

Nurul, I know you are so going to laugh when you see this entry because it is really really late.

Not that you are surprised since it's coming from me.
But what the heck! It is still Anggun's birthday month.


Dearest Anggun,
2 years ago, when you were due to make your entrance into the world, I was bugging your mom asking her countlessly, 'Is it time? Is it time?'
I even suggested to her that should she feel like giving birth in the wee hours of the morning, Uncle Esman and I would gladly 'torn' at the hospital.

Do you know why I was so anxious, little girl?
Because I die die wanted you to be out before my Desaru trip.
The night before my trip, I called your mom(to check if she had the bloody show!) and then she joked with me and said,'Sekali baby keluar besok eh!'
I didn't laugh at that joke because I reaaalllly wanted to see you fresh from the oven.
Deep down, I hoped and prayed that you would wait until I return from my short holiday to make your exit from your mommy.

BUT YOU DIDN"T! How could you, Anggun?!

Want to know when this beauty was delivered?
WHILE I WAS ON THE FERRY TO DESARU! Thanks ya!

The whole time I was in Desaru, I was like a cacing kepanasan wondering how this baby looked like...fair ke? mata sepet ke? tembam ke?
By the way, answer is YES to all of the above.

The moment we reached Singapore, Esman and I rushed to Mt Alvernia to see Anggun, much to the amusement of her mom and dad. Hmmph!
Anyway, Anggun, happy 2nd birthday sayang!
Aunty Nura, Aunty Nad and Aunty Ray sayang you, sweetheart.


Kakak Nyla also sayang you too you know... Kadang kadang si kerinting tu step garang je.
If you don't believe me, then you should see how much effort she put into designing and wrapping your birthday gift.




Spot the 'Malaysia' flag?
Initially Nyla wanted to paste 'Mauratania' flag (I didn't know where this country was at first! But now I know liao. A country in Northwest Africa!)
Anyway, I knew Nurul was going to Langkawi for a vacation with her family so I told Nyla that.
The poor girl actually scanned for 'Langkawi' sticker.
Teachable moment here! Alert Alert!
'Langkawi is in Malaysia baby,' I said to her.
So yeah, that's the story of the Malaysia flag.