Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mega Fun :)

Tomorrow marks the beginning of the PSLE fiesta.
The ORAL exams.
I have prepared my tutees for quite sometime already so I am not worried at all because I know that come tomorrow, confident communicators they would be, Insyaallah.
Mak dah lama kasi training kat diorangs!
Now....Usually on Wednesdays, I have 4 back to back tuition sessions which will last from 2pm all the way till 8pm.
However, I have decided to make today an exception.
Last weekend, a fantabulous idea struck me.
To hold a mega tuition lesson with all 18 charges in my house.
So, without any hesitation, I smsed my trusted spokesperson, Sorfina, to mass inform her fellow mates that all will come to my place for tuition at the same time.
Some didn't believe and called me personally to make sure.
What?! Think my house too small for ya'all huh huh huh huh?
Chet!
When there's a will, there's a way you know.
Anyway, I didn't have a good sleep last night because I was too excited about executing today's absolutely swell lesson plan.
It was definitely a blast. Power doks!
The kiddos rocked my house down big time.
The initial plan was that the lesson was to last only for 2 hours but of course with all the fun they were having, we went overtime.
The kids had to call their parents up to say that they would reach home a little late and the parents were more than happy to hear that cos extra time meant extra learning!
More like extra playing!
But hey, children learn through play and that was what we did today!
Today's super duper fun mega tuition session lasted for a good 3 hours and you know the best part?
We didn't even feel it.
To all my adorable and wacky tutees, all the best for tomorrow.
May the force be with you, my sayangs. :)


We are here!

Full attendance!

Mua explaining to them what I have in store for them.

From the faces, obviously, they can't wait for the lesson to begin.

PART 1: Reading Aloud
Ever watched MTV's Singled Out when Jenny McCarthy was the host?
We played that game. Sort of. Haha.
But before you go eeww and start to think how can I ever condone BGR...Do not fret. I didnt.
After they find out who their partner is, the competition begins!


My mentels.

Oh My God! I can't believe I get to partner my crush! NOT! hahah! Sorry Irf!

Getting serious.

Scissors Paper Stone! K, You lose so you start first! Kids!

Battle of the sexes begin!
Judge Nura.
End result? Draw!
Well, let's just say that today is not a suitable day for bruised egos ya!
PART 2: Picture Discussion
Group work.
Collaboration and cooperative learning taking place.




PART3: Conversation
Pick a question from the glass bowl ala Miss Universe Pageant!

Yakkety Yakking....
Adios Amigos darlings! :)