Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Jewellery

Nope, I ain't talking about Tiffany & Co kind of stuff.
Jewellery is the name Nyla has given to her pet fish.
Both Esman and I tried to persuade her to give her pet normal names like Gilbert, Amy etc but the babe was adamant of the name Jewellery.
Okay fine. Good luck to Nyla's future children. Heh.

Let's cut the long story short.

SUNDAY AFTERNOON
Esman and Nyla went on a pet hunt. Easy hunt, I have to say because mommy here will not allow furry animals because she is the geli-gemans.
So, no rabbits. No hamsters and absolutely no kittie cats.
They had 2 choices. Either fish or terrapin. Yes, boring. But take it or leave it lor. :)
They decided on a fighting fish because according to Esman, it is pretty hassle free and fighting fish's lifespan pretty long. I now beg to differ. Just read on and you will find out why.
So, these 2 eventually bought a nice shiny red fighting fish named Jewellery.
Nyla was hovering over her new pet.
Made sure the fish's fed every 5 minutes.

MONDAY MORNING
The moment she woke up, Nyla fed Jewellery breakfast. 6 times in a row.

MONDAY AFTERNOON
Before she left for school, she made sure lunch for Jewellery was settled. (With the amount of fish food sprinkled, it could last Jewellery for a week. Breakfast, lunch and dinner.)

MONDAY EVENING
Nyla got mad at me for not going straight home after fetching her from school. (Esman and I decided to have dinner at his parents' place.)
Nyla was worried Jewellery would be hungry and I had to reassure her that Jewellery would be fine.

MONDAY NIGHT
On the way home, Nyla was chatting about excited she was at the thought of seeing Jewellery.
I guess the excitement was too much for her to handle, the babe fell asleep in the car.

As I lay my girl on the bed, I heard Esman call me from the balcony.


See, Nyla even made sure her fish's got nice scenery of her science experiment.


Esman: 'Hon, Jewellery's dead."
Me: Oh no! Shoot. How?
Esman: I'll make a quick drive and buy another one.
Me: WAH! You serious?
Esman: Abothen? If she wakes up and finds her fish dead, how? I'll go now. Very fast one.
Me: *Mouth wide open.* Let's just say that I doubt I'll get that same reaction if Jewellery was my pet fish.

I was sweating buckets at home.
Worried that the fish pet shop would be closed.
Worried that Nyla would wake up and head straight to the balcony to see her fish, lifeless.
The phone vibrated. (didn't want to risk Nyla waking up when she hears the phone ringing. Man, I feel like a criminal.)

Esman: Babe, not exactly red like Jewellery. It's dark red. There's blue though. Nice.
Me: Come on man! Blue is totally out. Take the dark red and come back fasssssttttt!

Just like the flash, he reached home and sprung into action.

Tangan Cik Esman tengah mengiggil tu...heheh!

TUESDAY WEE HOURS OF THE MORNING
Nyla woke up and true enough, requested to see her pet fish.


Esman and I weren't asleep yet and so we brought her to the balcony.


Nyla: Hmmm..Is this really Jewellery?


Nyla: It looks erm...different...
Her parents: Wow! Babe! Don't you think Jewellery's like bigger and more beautiful?!!!! You did a fantastic job, sweetheart! (We felt very guilty!)


Nyla: Yes! I am a good pet owner. Hello Jewellery!
Esman and I: Phew!

As of today, 'Jewellery' is still alive and swimming.