Tuesday, June 23, 2009

OK


I am a sucker for OK magazines, Australia's version.
Not too thrashy like the other tabloids, I like.
Nyla, on the other hand, loves the adverts.
Recently, as she was flipping through the magazine, she came across this particular print ad which just featured a model's body. On the model's mega firm boobs, was a lacy bra, which led my daughter to ask this question,
'Mommy, where's her face?'
So, I had to explain to her that the print ad wanted women (and nyahs) to buy the bra on that headless body.
Noticing that Nyla will also flip through the magazine whenever I brought it home, a marvellous idea struck me.
Every week AFTER I have finished an entire OK (which can be done easily within 3 hours!) I would choose a print ad, tear that ad out and plan something fun for my little missy.

Just last week, we did something very interesting and it lasted us a good 45 minutes.
There was cutting, matching, sorting and pasting.


'How mommy?'

The sorting part was a bit complicated for Nyla initially but I guided her along....

Sort according to colour...
Row of hats...

Matching hats, bags, shoes and sunglasses...
And so Nyla triumphed!
Yippedydooo! I can't wait to do my lesson plan this Thursday! Hehe!