Sunday, June 28, 2009

BFF

I just returned from Kota Kinabalu but I'm afraid an update about the trip will have to take a backseat as I want blog about someone very dear to me.
Diana and I have been friends since we were 14 and we remained in contact throughout these years.
I've also been fortunate enough that she was Nyla's teacher when Nyla was in Nursery One and yes, Nyla was always cheery and chirpy about going to school under my best friend's guidance. :)
Since we lived just a few blocks away, there were a few ocassions during the exam period when Diana would settle Nyla's dinner and then send Nyla home because I simply was going crazy in school with the markings and all.
Diana is a very understanding friend with such a big heart and a great sense of humour!
I am very lucky indeed.
Just when I thought I could repay her kindness by being an amazing godmother to my godson, Danial, fate decided that I would only get to play that role for such a short period of time because, today, my best friend and her family have already rented out their place which I used to chill at, packed their suitcases and will soon board the plane to Norway. :(
Nyla and I managed to visit her just now, this time, the mood was pretty sombre.
My babe actually thought her godma was just going on a holiday and will be back in a few days because she was asking which hotel she was staying and whether there's any bathtub bla bla bla.
Oh God, Nyla will miss her godma terribly when she realises that the days will turn to weeks then months..
Sigh, I am tearing as I am typing this.
Na, I'm sure you will be reading this. Please take good care of yourself and baby Danial.
You will be missed, my best friend.

And hey, in case I never mentioned this, I love you my bestie superspy.


Till we meet again. HUGS.