Wednesday, November 2, 2011

PRIMARY 1(2012) BABIES & PARENTS UNITE!

Still in the midst of discussing about the upcoming Primary One Seminar but since they are all lunching, might as well blog a bit about it.
Here goes!

YOUR SON/DAUGHTER/COUSIN/NIECE/NEPHEW/SISTER/BROTHER ENTERING PRIMARY ONE NEXT YEAR?
If yes, I have awesome piece of news.

Us educators, mommies and entrepreneurs 'met' on TWI-BOOK and we will be joining forces, putting together our strengths and sharing with you useful tips on how to prepare your children for Primary 1!

But before that, I thought I should share the reason why I wanna do this seminar.

I personally feel that it is very important to start early. *Jangan budak tu nak masok Primary 6, baru panic carikkan budak tu tutor la...enrol dia masok enrichment camp la.. etc*

Moreover, the speakers for this event are really bukan calang-calang punya orang.

We have former teacher, Nurashikin Rahmat who is now a trainer with a reputable company, Creative Maths. As an experienced lower primary teacher, she will be sharing some Maths tips with you mommies and daddies. The skills shared will be very useful and can be practised right through your child's primary school years. She believes that children lack the heuristic skills to tackle complicated problem sums and wants to help parents tackle this problem.

I have also invited Cikgu Rokaiyah Mustakem, an experienced Malay teacher (over 20 years experience!) who enjoys teaching lower primary children. She is such a warm and nurturing person. She will share her expertise on how to help our children master the Malay Language.

I'm handling the 'English' part. I am so pleased to be sharing with you all the enriching reading and writing activities that I have embarked with Nyla at home.

Other than educators, mommies will also be sharing their experiences.

We have Diana Hairul.
[I' knew' of her existence in 2005. Famous amous dekni. A pity was that I never got to know her as a person and I thought I knew her inside out. Shame on me. When we finally met and bonded thanks to our children who play very well together, I found Diana to be like nothing that I heard her to be lor. Again, shame on me. She is such a committed mother and wife. Always making sure her sons' schedules are bustling with activities. Ok Diana's son, Samuel, is in one of the top primary schools here in Singapore and she will share with you mommies and daddies on how she and her son cope in a competitive environment.

Another mommy I have invited is Sukesy Mattar. She is a homeschooling mother.
"What do I share? Tell the kids to not go to school?!"
Hahahahaa. She is a very intelligent and witty person.
Well.. I admire Kesy. Her positivity. Instilling a zest for learning is instilling a zest for life. And Kesy is that! Because our children attend swimming lessons together, she always shares with me the fun and enriching activities she does with her children at home. And on the 27th, after digesting Kesy's input, you parents will have a better idea of creative and educational way of having fun while your kids are at home.

The seminar is going to be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Rest assured that your tummies have already been taken care of. Thanks to Liza @ Cady McBronzie , a food entrepreneur. Click here.

Okay peeps, here are the details:




Yes, do bring along your 7 year old babies! They will be kept busy in another room. Hehehe!

Interested, do email me at nuraesman@gmail.com :)

And, please feel free to spread the word to your family members and friends!

PS: If any of you social media enthusiasts would like to join in the party and contribute your expertise, please do so! :) Just DM...PM...or email me. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Salam Nura,

    I am an avid reader of your blog lately. I realised that you're really a "sifu" to the readers like me:)and in fact it's has been more motivating as you're not "lokek" with your ideas to share with.

    Anyway, my daughter only 4 years old, if not I will surely enroll!!

    Regards,
    Lia

    ReplyDelete