Thursday, May 20, 2010

CAMPUS ARETE





What does 'Arete' mean?
It is actually a Greek word which means being the best you can be.


It is a pity this camp is catered for children aged 9 to 12 years old because I would absolutely love Nyla to be part of it if given the oppurtunity.

Camps are fun for children.
They learn to get along with the new friends they make in camp.
They learn to be independent.
They get to enjoy the activities planned by the facilitators and learn new skills.
They get to immerse themselves in the culture of teamwork.

Oh how I miss those leadership camps I attended back when I was in secondary school! So super duper fun!

Anyway, back to the topic of Campus Arete, I have my other cousins who are very keen, so cuzzies, instead of emailing you, might as well I blog about it and share with my blog readers as well. :)


To be held at Orchid Country Club, CAMPUS ARETE is a 3Days2nights character building, educational adventure camp organised by NTUC U Family for students during the June 2010 Holidays.
It will focus on challenging children to be the best they can be through an experential journey where they will learn about living up to their potential with lead faciliatators from the USA.

So parents, if you want to find out more about this super duper fun camp, you are invited to attend a FREE Campus Arete Preview Session and experience for yourselves the learning approaches that the camp facilitators will be taking.

Details are as follows:

Date: Sunday 23May 2010
Time:2pm -4pm (Registration starts at 1.30pm)
Venue: NTUC Centre, 1 Marina Boulevard, Level 10 (Room 1003)


For more details about Campus Arete, visit the camp site (www.ufamily.org.sg/camp)

I bet your kiddos will have one ball of a time and come back empowered with a positive 'I CAN' attitude!
Steady bom pi pi la! ;)