Thursday, February 11, 2010

Paulo Coelho


'But if I had to choose a phrase, I would choose this: 'He died while he was still alive.' That might seem contradiction in terms;but I know a lot of people who have stopped living, even though they continue working and eating and carrying on with their usual social activities. They do everything in automatic pilot, unaware of the magic moment that each day brings with it, never stopping to think about the miracle of life, not understanding that the next minute could be their last on the face of this planet............I know it's not a topic anyone likes to think about, but I have a duty to my readers- to make them think about the important things in life. And death is probably the most important thing. We are all walking towards death, but we never know when death will touch us and it is our duty, therefore, to look around us, to be grateful for each minute. But we should also be grateful to death, because it makes us think about the importance of each decision we take, or fail to take;it makes us stop doing anything that keeps us stuck in the category of the 'living dead' and, instead,urges us to risk everything, to bet everything on those things we always dreamed of doing.....'

There's a deep sense of spirituality and mysticism in this writer.
Sometimes, I have to re- read every sentence so that I can get the real meanings, ideas and emotions that he is trying to portray.
His books have definitely given me a lot of wisdom and positive insight into life.
Mr Paulo Coelho, you have truly inspired me to be passionate in everything I wish to undertake.

Anyway can you all smell the much awaited CNY break?
Have fun with your loved ones my fellow readers.
To my Chinese friends/readers, wishing all of you 'Gong Xi Fa Cai' and may the year of the Tiger bring you (and me!) wealth, health and happiness!
Cheers!