Friday, June 12, 2015

Oumar's Birth Day

Yes, his birth was a c-section. An elective c section.
Low lying placenta issue and I'm not the gung ho "I'M SO TRYING FOR NATURAL DELIVERY FIRST!"
Wish I was though but since there could be a possibility of bleeding la....distressed baby la...and then rushing for emergency c section....let's eliminate the potential problems and just go for the planned c sect.
 

The night before the op...Ya Allah...only HE knows how terrified I was. I was unusually quiet...The home was kecoh like Raya like that with E setting up the play pen all. We actually quarrelled abit because I didn't want to buy any baby stuff until Oumar is out. Besides E's family also welcomed a baby boy last year so gotta thank my SIL and BIL for the hand me downs. Stroller wise, we recycled Nyla's. LOL! 10 yr old berhabuk stroller but E did a good job sprucing it up!

Back to me being stubborn not wanting to buy any baby stuff which drove both E and Nyla crazy!

"NO! THERE IS NO WAY I AM GOING TO SHOP LIKE CRAZY ON THE DAY HE IS BORN. WE NEED TO BE PREPARED!" My husband say one.
"YA LOR MOMMY! WHAT'S THE POINT SEH COME HERE JUST TO LOOK SEE?" My daughter pulak enter frame.


I lose. So we got the playpen la the mattress la the pillows all the pump...... Basically whatever essential items.

It was also an emotional night. The night before the op. I had my moment with Nyla who has had my undivided attention for 10 years. I also told her that if anything were to happen to me, always keep me in her prayers sedekahkan al-fateha because that's the only way you can reach out to someone who has passed on. Yes, we both hugged and cried like no one's business. More like we WAILED together.

E had to spoil the moment by saying, 'You both so drama, so ridiculous."

Lol. Anyway, bersyukur sangat everything turned out fine. Alhamdullilah.

Being in the operating theatre was scary mary. So many people. Doctors...Nurses...Paed on standby for Oumar...And I forgot how uncomfortable taking the epidural was! When all was settled, that was when they called "Dr Esman" in.
Yup, the most excited chillax doctor, no doubt.

The next thing I knew, I was getting punched in the stomach, but without the pain. The tugging all.

And the next thing I heard was my gynae, Dr Citra Mattar say,"Ok Esman, are you ready with your camera? Baby is gonna be out real soon." 
Ma shaa Allah, my heart was beating so fast. Like my son is coming out my son is coming out!!!!!!
E immediately stood up and started clicking away!
"How come he's snapping photos when I never hear my baby cry? Why is my baby not crying?

And then a minute later that most most most awaited UUUUUUWEEEEEKKKKK sound was heard. Alhamdullilah. Yes I cried. I cannot describe to you how relieved I was when Oumar was delivered. He looked exactly like Nyla when she first came out. The sembabness all. Only that he has more hair. Hehehe.

E sat down back. "Wah miiiiii, just now Dr Citra bluff seh. She said baby coming out soon. When I stood up and nak amik gambar, no baby la! Dorang still godeh godeh your stomach! I saw your open tummy blood all! Cuak seh! So I just snap snap snap la!"

This man is seriously so kecoh.

The C sect really wasn't scary as I had imagined.
Recovery was good. Just whack on the painkillers and yes, gulp the essence of fish. (I still wanna vomit whenever I imagine myself gulping it down)
Even the scar....is barely there.
It was really such an amazing birth outcome.
Great gynae  (Dr Citra) perhaps? Yes definitely.
Good choice with the hospital (NUH)? Also yes.
They are so pro breastfeeding. Very encouraging. I actually extended my hospital stay.
5 days 4 nights. Yup, macam pergi holiday. I just wanna make sure I get ample rest. No kecoh kecoh. With Nyla, I only spent 1 night at the hospital and when I'm home, it was chaotic. Serik seh.

Ok I wish I can type somemore but got to go. Somebody is screaming, "I NAK SUSU MOMMY! NOW NOW NOW!"

No comments:

Post a Comment