Wednesday, January 27, 2010

BROTHERS

I know the above is the title of a newly-released movie but this is not going to be a movie review, guys.
Today, I want to blog about my own brothers.

My elder brother, Bah.


My younger brother, Jam. (pronounced as 'jam' jump, not strawberry 'jam'.Hah!)


Oh, they were such pains in my a#%@ when us siblings were 'united' under one same roof.



Bah was my tuition teacher (right up to when I was in JC!) and my discipline master.
I still remembered this one incident very vividly.

I was 14 years old and my mom was away on her Haj pilgrimage. Freeeeeedommmmm!

I took the opportunity not to make my bed or do any kind of household duties and Bah was pissed, big time.
My room was really messy. Clothes were strewn everywhere. Maklomlah, teenagers kan perpetually in a confused state. One moment, I was dressed like an Ah Lian (think cushiony Sonia Rykiel bags!) and the next moment, a skater girl (think big baggy pants!)
Bah nagged at me incessantly. Booo ya! Like I care!
Then one (NOT) fine day, when I returned home from school, I had difficulty entering my bedroom.
Strange, I thought, because the door wasn't locked. I pushed the door with all my might and squeezed my skinny self in between the tiny gap.

To my horror, a heeeeyuugggeee mountain of clothes greeted me. I couldn't even see my bed. Bah then popped his head in between that tiny gap. (I so felt like slamming the door and break his neck.)
He smiled and said sarcastically,'Since you love mess, might as well be a real big mess. Don't need to thank me. Anyway, it's much easier to select your clothes rather than you having to search for them in the wardrobe. Happy digging in!'

He actually emptied my wardrobe to teach me a lesson.
I bawled my eyes out and started 'work' immediately. Sat cross legged and folded clothes throughout the night. And yes, I was also cursing him with whatever expletive words my angry self could come up with. But of course, not in front of him ah! Wait, he flying kick my face how?!
Such a sad scene, I tell ya. I felt like Cinderella.

My room was spick and span the next morning.
So yeah, that's my steely brother for you.



My younger brother, Jam, was my playmate at home since our age difference is just 3 years.
Because we are always in each others' faces, there were times we would get very irritated and rained punches on each other mercilessly, each of us very determined to inflict as much pain on the other party as possible! Besides that, this one has a kind heart. Except for the times when he is pms-ing.

Jam took really good care of me when I was pregnant with Nyla. Whenever he saw me lie down on the couch, he would ask,'Oi, you want me to massage your feet or not?' Wooohoooo!

So when I was pregnant, everytime I heard the door, I would hope and pray it was my brother. Sorry ya hubs! Jam would massage my feet religiously almost every night.
Jam was also the first one to spot Nyla's first kick. I was feeling really hot, so I just let my tight tummy hang loose that particular afternoon after a long day in school, during those hectic NIE days. When he saw my tummy roll, he panicked and screamed, 'Motheeerrrrrr! Sis is giving birth!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Come on Jam, I was only 4 months pregnant man. Sorry, that freaked you out big time! Haha! So from that day onwards, he would always say,'If you want me to massage, you cover your belly.'

The services stopped right after I gave birth. Damn!


Today, like how all uncles are to their nieces and nephews, my brothers are wonderful to Nyla.
My Bah, her uncle Bud, would buy her soft toys and pink stuff whenever he returns from his overseas business trips.



Jam, her Uncle Jambi, is exceptionally close to Nyla because he will frequently be at home when we visit my mom. Nyla is very manja with him.



Both of them enjoy their conversations with each other.


Nyla: Uncle Jambi, Tok Mommy gave birth to Uncle Bud first. My mommy, second and you are third. (Way to go with the ordinal numbers, Nyla!)
Jam:Yes, you're right!
Nyla: I really pity you, Uncle Jambi. So poor thing, you....(gently stroking his hair)
Jam: Why?
Nyla: Uncle Jambi, you're the LAST!
Jam: *Speechless*


This is random but kids always think that being last is negative. Well Nyla, in the family dynamics, being the last one, the bongsu, has got to be the best thing ever! When you have new siblings insyallah!
You will have a new perception of the word 'last' sweetie. Hehe!



Anyway back to my brothers, I love the both of you. Very much.